Financial Administrator and Events Coordinator - Australian Institute of Sport
The Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) is Australia’s premier sports training institute. The AIS is a unique event precinct approximately 7 km from Canberra city centre. This versatile location allows event planners the opportunity to take advantage of 11 event spaces. All spaces within the AIS can be booked exclusively. In addition, multiple spaces can be used simultaneously to create a dynamic program utilising different facilities and rooms. The venue also has the athletes dining hall and café which will be managed by the Venue Manager.
Trippas White Group are focused on delivering an exceptional experience and therefore we need an outstanding Financial Administrator and Events Coordinator to join the Australian Institute of Sport management team. Reporting to the Venue Manager, this person will be responsible a multitude of administrative and coordinator tasks. This includes but is not limited to: data entry, invoicing, maintaining financial site spreadsheets, EBMS program for event bookings, customer and client liaison, monthly reports, staff rostering, event setup and control. They will assist in all business units of the venue including the Dining Hall, Café, concessions and off-site catering EPIC and the QEII hospital.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 3+ years’ experience in hospitality
- Event sales coordination and knowledge of food & beverage
- Enthusiasm for coordinating high end events
- Strong client and customer liaison skills
- Proven time management skills and the ability to prioritize work meeting various deadlines
- Available full time Monday to Friday with occasional evening and weekend work
- Be able to form part of a management team and communicate effectively
- Excellent computer literacy and ability to learn new programs quickly
- Innovative approach to new ideas and operations. Ability to think outside the box
Who are we?
We are leading hospitality company Trippas White Group, which operates from premium locations such as the Australia War Memorial, Sydney Opera House, Botanic Gardens Restaurant and Sydney Tower. We take great care that our services meet the status and expectations of these prominent, iconic landmarks. Working for Trippas White Group not only means experience at one premium venue, but opens endless possibilities to a vast array of food concepts across Australia.
To apply for this role, please fill out the questions on our careers page.